The Knit to Nurture Group meets at the Royal British Legion, 2
London Hill, Rayleigh, Essex, SS67HP on Thursdays between 11:30am and 1:30pm. This is a friendly group of people, supported by RRAVS, who produce a wide variety of hand knitted items that are donated to local charitable causes to either help with fund raising or to give to the people they support.
Here is a sample of some of the Projects supported each year:
- Twiddle muffs for people living with dementia – Read more about their health benefits here
- Trauma teddies for young victims of crime
- Knitted hats, mittens and bootees for premature babies
- Teddies and toys for fostered children and children in refuges from domestic violence
- Lap rugs and blankets for day centres / animal charities
- Hats, scarves, gloves and mittens to aid homeless people
- Dressing gowns for ladies in refuge fleeing domestic violence
- Dog coats
- Toys for the emergency services – Police, Fire Service and Air Ambulance
- Knitted poppies and daffodils for the Poppy and Marie Cure Appeals
Have a look at some of the pictures of some of the items we have donated!
Click image to enlarge .
To join simply go along to the Rayleigh British Legion on Thursdays – they would love to see you, but if you would like more information please contact us on 01268 772796.
We also have people who knit for our charitable causes at home. If you would like to help us and want details of the current projects please either call us on 01268 772796 or Email: email@example.com
We are always grateful for donations of wool, please download and display our poster below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?