Our Knit to Nurture Group will be re-starting on Thursday 7th October 2021 11.30am – 1.30pm at The Elim Church, 23 Castle Road, Rayleigh, Essex, SS6 7QD.
This is a friendly group of people who produce a wide variety of hand knitted items that are donated to local charities and voluntary organisations to either help with fund raising or to give to the people they support.
For more information please either call RRAVS on 01268 772 796 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a sample of some of the Projects supported each year:
• Twiddle muffs for people living with dementia – Read more about their health benefits here
• Trauma teddies for young victims of crime
• Knitted hats, mittens and bootees for premature babies
• Teddies and toys for fostered children and children in refuges from domestic violence
• Lap rugs and blankets for day centres / animal charities
• Hats, scarves, gloves and mittens to aid homeless people
• Dressing gowns for ladies in refuge fleeing domestic violence
• Dog coats
• Toys for the emergency services – Police, Fire Service and Air Ambulance
• Knitted poppies and daffodils for the Poppy and Marie Cure Appeals
Have a look at some of the pictures of items we have donated!
Click image to enlarge .
For more information please contact us on 01268 772796.
We also have people who knit for our charitable causes at home. If you would like to help us and want details of the current projects please either call us on 01268 772796 or Email: email@example.com
We are always grateful for donations of wool, please download and display our poster below.